What is an essential oil?
What is an essential oil? In short, it’s a non-fatty, highly volatile (quickly evaporating) liquid that is distilled (removed) from the plant with steam or pressure. It’s the ‘immune system’ of a plant. We are able to receive many benefits from essential oils. Their molecules are so tiny, that our bodies can absorb them very quickly. That means they begin helping us almost immediately!
Essential oils can benefit the body in several ways:
- Inspire a positive emotional state
- Enhance your physical wellness
- Purify your home
- Refine your skin
- Create deep spiritual wellness
Why Young Living?
DID YOU KNOW… in America, there just has to be 5% of of an essential oil in the bottle to be considered pure. The rest are synthetic materials. NOT with Young Living… you are just getting pure.
The reason Young Living’s oils are so different is that they produce therapeutic grade oils, meaning they can have real health benefits. These oils are a result of Young Living’s strict, detailed method for producing the oils to obtain the purest, ‘un-messed-with’ plant essences. Young Living calls this their Seed to Seal process, where every step from planting to bottling is detailed and controlled.
(Information from the Young Living Seed to Seal website)
Young Living is proud to set the standard for essential oil purity and authenticity by carefully monitoring the production of our oils through our unique Seed to Seal process. From the time the seed is sourced until the oil is sealed in the bottle, we apply rigorous quality controls to ensure that you are receiving essential oils exactly the way nature intended.
- Seed: Powerful essential oils come from seeds and plants that are verified for their potential to produce high-quality essential oils. Our own experts partner with university researchers to evaluate the essential oil potential of our seeds. The seeds we use are selected for their ability to become plants with the highest possible levels of bioactive compounds.
- Cultivate: Young Living farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to perfecting our responsible and sustainable growing and harvesting methods. Our experts travel the world visiting our co-op farms to verify that their growing and cultivating processes match our high standards. These operations provide an ongoing source for essential oils that meet Young Living’s demanding quality standards.
- Distill: Combining ancient and modern techniques, Young Living is recognized as an innovator in essential oil distillation. We use a gentle, proprietary technique for steam extracting essential oils and preserving their precious constituents. We use cold pressing and resin tapping methods for select oils.
- Test: Young Living never accepts diluted, cut, or adulterated oils. To guarantee consistent, verifiable quality, our oils are tested in Young Living’s own internal labs, as well as in third-party facilities. Our testing methods ensure that our oils meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the desired levels of natural bioactive compounds.
- Seal: Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process in our 107,000-square-foot facility in Spanish Fork, Utah. Using state-of-the-art equipment, each essential oil is carefully bottled and labeled. Our carefully bottled, painstakingly produced essential oils are shipped to members worldwide.
If you’re like me, you are diffusing, applying topically, ingesting and bathing in your oils. Don’t you want to be sure you are using the safest, purest, highest quality oils you can get? Choose Young Living …. you won’t regret it! I’d love to be your Sponsor and mentor so we can share the journey!’
Please know that any information provided on the Mind Body Oils site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This is not a replacement for a diagnosis by a licensed medical professional.
These statements and any information contained on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.