What is an essential oil?
What is an essential oil? In short, it’s a non-fatty, highly volatile (quickly evaporating) liquid that is distilled (removed) from the plant with steam or pressure. It’s the ‘immune system’ of a plant. We are able to receive many benefits from essential oils. Their molecules are so tiny, that our bodies can absorb them very quickly. That means they begin helping us almost immediately!
Essential oils can benefit the body in several ways:
- Inspire a positive emotional state
- Enhance your physical wellness
- Purify your home
- Refine your skin
- Create deep spiritual wellness
Why Young Living?
DID YOU KNOW… in America, there just has to be 5% of of an essential oil in the bottle to be considered pure. The rest are synthetic materials. NOT with Young Living… you are just getting pure.
The reason Young Living’s oils are so different is that they produce therapeutic grade oils, meaning they can have real health benefits. These oils are a result of Young Living’s strict, detailed method for producing the oils to obtain the purest, ‘un-messed-with’ plant essences. Young Living calls this their Seed to Seal process, where every step from planting to bottling is detailed and controlled.
(Information from the Young Living Seed to Seal website)
Young Living is proud to set the standard for essential oil purity and authenticity by carefully monitoring the production of our oils through our unique Seed to Seal process. From the time the seed is sourced until the oil is sealed in the bottle, we apply rigorous quality controls to ensure that you are receiving essential oils exactly the way nature intended.
- Seed: Powerful essential oils come from seeds and plants that are verified for their potential to produce high-quality essential oils. Our own experts partner with university researchers to evaluate the essential oil potential of our seeds. The seeds we use are selected for their ability to become plants with the highest possible levels of bioactive compounds.
- Cultivate: Young Living farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to perfecting our responsible and sustainable growing and harvesting methods. Our experts travel the world visiting our co-op farms to verify that their growing and cultivating processes match our high standards. These operations provide an ongoing source for essential oils that meet Young Living’s demanding quality standards.
- Distill: Combining ancient and modern techniques, Young Living is recognized as an innovator in essential oil distillation. We use a gentle, proprietary technique for steam extracting essential oils and preserving their precious constituents. We use cold pressing and resin tapping methods for select oils.
- Test: Young Living never accepts diluted, cut, or adulterated oils. To guarantee consistent, verifiable quality, our oils are tested in Young Living’s own internal labs, as well as in third-party facilities. Our testing methods ensure that our oils meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the desired levels of natural bioactive compounds.
- Seal: Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process in our 107,000-square-foot facility in Spanish Fork, Utah. Using state-of-the-art equipment, each essential oil is carefully bottled and labeled. Our carefully bottled, painstakingly produced essential oils are shipped to members worldwide.
If you’re like me, you are diffusing, applying topically, ingesting and bathing in your oils. Don’t you want to be sure you are using the safest, purest, highest quality oils you can get? Choose Young Living …. you won’t regret it! I’d love to be your Sponsor and mentor so we can share the journey!
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE YOUNG LIVING
- Young Living is is the only essential oil company that owns their own farms or partners with farms that are willing to live up to their standards for growing, harvesting and distilling.
- Anyone can visit the Young Living farms around the globe and participate in the harvest & distillation process. We highly recommend this experience! No other essential oil company owns their own farms and can offer this opportunity.
- Young Living is the only essential oil company in the world with a Seed to Seal process since they control every single aspect of production.
- Young Living uses the finest production practices in the industry. They distill oils once at low temperatures and pressures, using chemical-free water and medical-grade stainless steel distillers.
- Young Living oils meet all industry AFNOR and ISO standards and are subjected to isotopic ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) analysis which determines whether a particular essential oil is naturally sourced or synthetic (created in a lab).
- Young Living has been producing the finest quality oils for over 20 years and with over 180 different oils they have the greatest selection of singles & blends of any essential oil company. But, if an oil doesn’t pass Young Living’s strict quality standards, they won’t offer it for sale so sometimes not all of these oils are available until they can produce more. Click here for the 2018 Young Living Product Guide.
- Essential oils sold in most health food stores are aroma-grade or fragrance-grade oils and while they do smell good, they don’t offer the same therapeutic and medicinal benefits. These oils may have an essential oil base, but may contain additives, fillers, and synthetics to increase volume or fragrance. Pure essential oils contain all desired therapeutic compounds – nothing more, nothing less.
- Most essential oils have expiration dates, Young Living oils do not. 100% pure essential oils (excluding citrus) will last indefinitely if properly stored away from heat and sunlight.
- There are no minimum sales or purchase requirements for Young Living members. Ever. The only thing you have to do to keep your membership active is to place $50 in orders per year.
- We saved the best for last: YL: Let’s Talk Oils. Our secret Facebook group is for people who use, or are curious about using Young Living oils. Our community of oil lovers makes learning how to integrate essential oils into your life both easy and fun… join us!
Please know that any information provided on the Mind Body Oils site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This is not a replacement for a diagnosis by a licensed medical professional.
These statements and any information contained on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.